For any family or friends reading this, you probably know some of these about me already, maybe not all of them, but I was randomly thinking about how weird I was (that is weird in itself!) and some of the bizarre things I do, then thought it would actually make a good blog post.
So yes, I guess you usually see and read about ‘normal’ Laura but I’m going to let you know what a little weirdo I really am.
Although there are some funny points in there, there is also some pretty personal stuff in here too, but I want you guys to get to know me and I guess the real me, not just the ‘blogger’ so here we go…
1. I have a really heightened sense of smell. I’m sure I can smell everything!
2. I nibble the hairs out of my arms. Yes this is weird, but there’s something really comforting about the feeling of my skin on my lips and then biting the hairs out! We’re only on number 2, and I’m already embarrassed!
3. I’m a bit of a secret eater – not so secret – more like greedy/binge eater. I can eat a share size bag or sweets/choc EASILY. Full pack of 6 Mr Kipling cake slices, full pack of biscuits in 1 sitting. Basically I am a little piggy.
4. I have 1 toenail that doesn’t grow properly. My big toenail got trodden on and it’s never grown normal since then! I’ve looked at having it treated but there isn’t really anything they can do after the nail bed has been damaged!
5. I suffer with PMDD (Premenstrual dysphoric disorder). This isn’t a ‘weird’ one, just a very personal one. I won’t go in to too much detail now, if you’re interested in this, please do let me know and I’d be happy to write a more in depth post. It’s basically severe PMS but severe enough to cause major interference with my life. Not so much on the physical side, but the hormonal emotional side. I struggled for so long without knowing what the hell was going on and now I am treating it with medication it is so much better. For 2 weeks of the month I’d feel pretty normal and then other 2 weeks, I’d be verging on depression and no self-esteem at all but I was very good at hiding it from everyone. I have very low levels of serotonin which is a chemical in your brain which transmits nerve signals. So when the horrid PMS was kicking in, I basically I wasn’t getting any happy signals to my brain. The medication I take is an ‘SSRI’ (Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors) which is actually a type of anti-depression medication, but they make me feel a lot more level headed and back to myself. I’m not embarrassed about this, we all need help in different ways, and since I’ve been on my medication, I feel like I’ve got my life back.
6. I cry at nearly anything. Any sort of confrontation, I could cry. An old man walking alone, I cry. Even a happy film, I cry. I’ve cried at Made in Chelsea before too. Literally a walking talking crying machine!
7. I overuse the word literally, basically, nice and little!
8. I love people touching me. Yep, see, that got your attention! I mean like, people playing with my hair, stroking my back, it makes me instantly feel so sleepy and relaxed!
9. I do weird dances and pull weird faces when I’m on my own. Talk out loud to myself and talk to myself in the 3rd person…. ‘Laura you need to do this’.
There we go! A little insight in to my weirdo/personal world! I hope I haven’t scared you off with my weirdness, please come back! 😉
As always, I’m so appreciative of you taking the time to read this and being so supportive!
Sending lots of love