Wearing white is actually a little scary. I’m forever checking I haven’t sat in anything or spilt anything down me, or being so careful not to wipe my make up on the collar leaving that lovely orange stain around the neckline. Although, when you do wear it, I feel like it’s worth it!
White is so eye-catching, bright and fresh! I recently got this dress from Topshop and honestly feel like it’s the perfect dress for all occasions, apart from going on a night ‘out out’ which I hardly do anyway so all good for granny Laura. BBQ’s, picnics, shopping, day time events, evening events, brunch, lunch or dinner, it’s perfect!
The detailing is so gorgeous, and the fit is so flattering! It’s slightly more fitted on the top but then just flows and hangs really well at the bottom. It was £49 and I think it looks a lot more expensive than that! I don’t really like getting the tops of my arms out, my arms aren’t very toned and I think it looks ‘neater’ to have them covered!
I always like to have a glow to my skin when I wear white, if my skin is super pale, then I feel like the white clothing washes me out and I merge in to one white blob! Who doesn’t like to have a tan!
To break up the white, I’ve paired this dreamy dress with black accessories to add some contrast! I have literally lived in these black mules recently, they just seem to go with everything! Say hello to the cutest little bag, it’s from Beara Beara, their bags are handmade and vintage inspired! I love the gold detailing on it! It’s real leather and feels amazing, you’ll be seeing a lot of this!
My top tips for wearing white…
- Wear white knickers, sounds simple, but the amount of times I have forgotten…!
- Pop on a little fake tan before you wear the dress (not the same day!! You DO not want tan rubbing off on the dress!) I usually tan the night before and wash it off in the morning.
- Add a touch of contrast/colour. I’ve teamed my white dress with black accessories for a monochrome contrast but you could add any coloured accessories!
- White can be scary to wear, so get the right fit and feel confident in it!
- Wash with Vanish! I can’t ever wash my whites without a scoop of vanish, it does them wonders!
Shoes – Dorothy Perkins
Bag – Beara Beara
Don’t forget to check out my 30 pieces under £30 post! Click here to view it.