Knitwear in spring?
I’m not talking about those mammoth heavy knits, I’m talking about those slightly light knits. When I put this outfit together, I thought, is it acceptable to wear this knitwear? It’s basically spring now and I bought this jumper in winter for winter….. But I convinced myself with a tonne of reasons why it is OK to wear knitwear in spring, so hell yes to the knits in spring, and here’s why…..
- The weather changes all the time, especially in England! It might start off really sunny and warm, but as soon as those clouds cover the sun, we are chilly billy’s! The knit keeps you a little warmer
- You can always layer! You can wear a t-shirt or cami underneath so if you do get a bit toasty, you can whip off the knit!
- You can pair it with more spring-like pieces, like these open toe mules
- Sometimes we don’t want to go full on spring mode and it is nice to mix it up a little!
- I like feeling cosy
- Shops, restaurants etc start blasting their aircon out as soon as it gets slightly warm, so save yourself from getting cold!
- The Tesco freezer section is SO cold
- It covers the bloating from my addition to cakes
- I think oversized knits give a sort of ‘effortless’ vibe/feel to a look!
So yep, it is acceptable to wear knitwear in spring!